We are very pleased to announce that the Cockfield Cinema will resume on Friday September 25th with a screening of Military Wives (see below for further information about the film). Doors open at 7 pm, for a 7.30 pm start.
Through your continued support you have made the Cockfield Cinema one of the regular successful fixtures in the village calendar. So we are asking for your support once more as we take our first steps towards a new normal, learning and adapting as we go. We appreciate fully that this will be a different experience from the cinema as we know it. We hope you will be sympathetic to the changes we are obliged to make and you’ll help us make it success no matter what the current situation throws at us.
We are mindful that our resumption plan may be put at risk by the on-going situation, and we’ll keep attendees fully informed of any developments that will impact the evening. Our goal is for us all to enjoy a safe and successful evening.
These are the main changes that will be implemented for the resumption:
- Admittance will be by advanced reservation only. Tickets will not be issued and walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Seat prices are as before £4.50 adults, £3 children
- To reserve up to 4 places, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of your reservation will be issued.
- To assist with seating on the day, if reserving 2-4 places you will be asked for the number of family units – i.e. who are not socially distancing amongst themselves.
- For contact tracing, at the time of reserving the person booking will be asked for a contact phone number and/or email address.(In line with government guidelines this information will be retained for 21 days after the screening).
- Payment will be collected on arrival; exact money is requested please.
- Please contact one of the above if you have reserved places but cannot attend, so that the place(s) can be reallocated.
The village hall and the cinema set up will be fully Covid compliant. The capacity for the evening will be 30, to include cinemagoers and helpers.
It may help you to be aware of the following:
- We are monitoring the situation regularly, but as things stand it looks like a face covering must be worn whilst in the hall
- prevailing social distancing guidelines will apply
- during the shorter than usual interval refreshments will not be served although we may offer a choice of one or 2 items such as ice cream.
- attendees may bring their own teas, coffees, other drinks, mugs, glasses etc. All materials and litter must be taken away again at the end
- There will not be a raffle
Any changes to applicable guidelines will be communicated to attendees.
Please contact Julie or Neil at the above email if you have any questions.
The story celebrates a band of misfit women who form a choir on a military base. As unexpected bonds of friendship flourish, music and laughter transform their lives, helping each other to overcome their fears for loved ones in combat.