What’s Happening in and Around Cockfield
Choose how you want to view events:
- Click an event to see the event detail if available
- Click the Month button to choose a different view of the calendar.
- Click the category drop down arrow to view to only those events in the selected category (more than one category can be selected or de-selected to arrive at the chosen view)
Please email email@example.com if there is a local event you would like included in the calendar, or if you spot an error.
If you are organising an event on a larger scale – perhaps a fete for example – and you want to avoid a date clash, check the Heart of Suffolk website, which lists many events taking place in the area.
Following the government announcement of relaxing of most rules and regulations, this screening will in the main revert to the normal pre-Covid arrangements:
- pay at the door – no advanced reservation required
- seating will be set out in theatre style rows to our maximum capacity. This should create enough room for attendees to space themselves out if they wish
- it is not a legal requirement to wear a face covering. Bearing in mind current government advice it is likely that some people will choose to wear a face covering, others may not. We feel at this early stage wearing a face covering when e.g. gathering at the bar is preferable and respectful to everyone.
- there will be tea, coffee and a bar service
- there will be a raffle in the interval
Doors open 7pm, screening starts 7.30
October 22nd – The Father
A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality.
Running time 97 mins, rated 12A
Any changes to applicable guidelines will be communicated to attendees.
Any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cinema Team
Cockfield Community Council presents
Doors open 7 pm for 7.30 pm start
It's our quiz with a difference. You tap an answer into your keypad and there are bonus points for the fastest correct answer! It's easy and fun to take part - it's not technical and you do not need typing skills.
Enter Teams of up to 6 people. Entry fee is £10 per person including supper. Supper is a choice of fish and chips, sausage and chips, or a vegetarian option.
Entry to the quiz is by advanced booking only. Please print and complete the team ticket below and hand it to Barbara at the Post Office along with your payment of £10 per person not later than Monday 8th November
1 fully charged Android or Apple tablet or smartphone required per team
Instructions to help with preparation will be sent to each team.
The Annual General Meeting
of Cockfield Community Council
will be held at 7.30pm on Friday 19th November 2021
in Cockfield Village Hall
Everyone is very welcome to attend
Any apologies to be given before the meeting to Janne Cutting-Keyton on email@example.com
2 Approval of AGM minutes dated 20th November 2020
3 Matters arising
4 Chairman’s report
5 Treasurer’s Statement of accounts and financial report
6 Appointment of Electoral Officer to oversee the election of the Board of Trustees and Chairman
7 Election of the Board of Trustees
8 Election of Officers from the elected Board:
9 Any other business and Open Forum
10 Dates of 2022 Board of Trustees Meetings:
January 20th, March 24th, May 19th, July 21st, September 22nd, November 18th AGM all at 7.30pm in Cockfield Village Hall
Should you wish to have more involvement in the running of the Community Council by standing as a Trustee your nomination must be received by the Secretary 7 days before the AGM, proposed by and seconded by 2 members of the Community Council.
To put forward a nomination or if you have any questions please contact the Secretary Janne Cutting-Keyton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Council will be hosting an informal carol singalong around the Christmas Tree at Great Green. The lights will be turned on and there will be a competition for children to count the number of lights.
We hope to get Father Christmas to join us (if he’s not too busy) with a few pressies.
There will be light refreshments in the pavilion afterwards so please all, do come.
For obvious reasons, this is the first time in a couple of years that we have been able to do something like this.
Let’s hope for the right weather and to see you all there