What’s Happening in and Around Cockfield
Choose how you want to view events:
- Click an event to see the event detail if available
- Click the Month button to choose a different view of the calendar.
- Click the category drop down arrow to view to only those events in the selected category (more than one category can be selected or de-selected to arrive at the chosen view)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there is a local event you would like included in the calendar, or if you spot an error.
If you are organising an event on a larger scale – perhaps a fete for example – and you want to avoid a date clash, check the Heart of Suffolk website, which lists many events taking place in the area.
Cockfield Community Council presents
It's our pub quiz with a difference. You sit at home in your teams while I fire questions at you over a Zoom link. You enter your answer in a special app on your smartphone and the results and leaderboard are shown as we go.
Each question has a time limit which is chosen according to the level of difficulty. Entering the answers is straightforward - a letter or perhaps a number for example. You do not need typing skills or any technical knowledge to take part.
You can have as many people in your team as you like, subject always to the prevailing guidelines. All you need per team is a smartphone or tablet (Apple or Android) for the keypad, and a computer or tablet to run the Zoom videoconference.
The style is family pub quiz, so everyone can have a go. Entry is free.
To enter a team and to receive full instructions, please email me at email@example.com.
Cockfield Community Council
In line with the staged plan for the easing of lockdown restrictions, Cockfield Cinema resumes. For this screening we are obliged to observe the 50% capacity and social distancing guidelines as we did for the months before lockdown. Next month, assuming the stage plan is on track, we will be able to run a full cinema evening, just like the old days!
We will announce the film for this evening in due course.
Doors open 7pm, 7.30 pm start.
These are the main changes that will be implemented for the resumption:
- Admittance will be by advanced reservation only. Tickets will not be issued and walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Seat prices are as before £4.50 adults, £3 children
- To reserve up to 4 places, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of your reservation will be issued.
- To assist with seating on the day, if reserving 2-4 places you will be asked for the number of family units – i.e. who are not socially distancing amongst themselves.
- For contact tracing, at the time of reserving the person booking will be asked for a contact phone number and/or email address.(In line with government guidelines this information will be retained for 21 days after the screening).
- Payment will be collected on arrival; exact money is requested please.
- Please contact one of the above if you have reserved places but cannot attend, so that the place(s) can be reallocated.
The village hall and the cinema set up will be fully Covid compliant.
Please note the following changes that are in place as a result of Covid-19
- Please contact us if you need to cancel or alter your reservation
- If anyone in your booking is exhibiting Covid like symptoms, please do not attend
- Payment will be collected when you arrive, exact money if you can please
- A face covering must be worn whilst in the hall. Please remember your masks or visors
- Seating will be set out according to social distancing guidelines. Chairs must not be moved by attendees.
- Please observe social distancing. Regrettably mingling for conversations will not be possible
- A one-way system for access, exit and use of toilets will be in force and indicated by signs.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and in the hall and must be used on arrival
- Ice cream will be offered, £1.50 per tub
- Attendees may bring their own teas, coffees, other drinks, mugs, glasses etc. All materials and litter must be taken away again at the end
- There will not be a raffle and the interval will be shorter than usual
- Once the screening is over attendees will be asked to leave the building via the marked exits and not gather for conversations.
- Chairs will be stacked away by designated people. Attendees are asked not to help out.
Any changes to applicable guidelines will be communicated to attendees.
Please contact Julie or Neil at the above email if you have any questions.
This is a great opportunity for you to get rid of those unwanted items you’ve accumulated and to raise some money for yourselves and the Community Council. You set up your stall at the front of your property and we provide a map showing where you are. Further details including registration information will be published nearer the time.
Cockfield Community Council presents
It's our pub quiz with a difference. You enter your answer in a special app on your smartphone and the results and leaderboard are shown as we go. We meet in the village hall which will add to the competitive edge! For those who have taken part in the SpeedQuizzes over Zoom, this is very similar. By being together in the village hall we can incorporate additional features to add to the fun.
Further information will be published nearer the time.