For our 2021 return, this screening will be subject to the 50% capacity, socially distanced rules. From the June 25th screening onwards, all being well it will be the full return of the cinema as we know it.
Doors open 7pm, 7.30 pm start.
Running time 100 mins
During World War II, reclusive writer Alice has her sequestered life upended when Frank, an evacuee from the London Blitz, is left in her care. Despite initially resolving to be rid of him, Alice finds herself and her emotions reawakened by him.
These are the main changes that will be implemented for the resumption:
- Admittance will be by advanced reservation only. Tickets will not be issued and walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Seat prices are as before £4.50 adults, £3 children
- To reserve up to 4 places, please email email@example.com. Confirmation of your reservation will be issued.
- To assist with seating on the day, if reserving 2-4 places you will be asked for the number of family units – i.e. who are not socially distancing amongst themselves.
- For contact tracing, at the time of reserving the person booking will be asked for a contact phone number and/or email address.(In line with government guidelines this information will be retained for 21 days after the screening).
- Payment will be collected on arrival; exact money is requested please.
- Please contact one of the above if you have reserved places but cannot attend, so that the place(s) can be reallocated.
The village hall and the cinema set up will be fully Covid compliant.
Please note the following changes that are in place as a result of Covid-19
- Please contact us if you need to cancel or alter your reservation
- If anyone in your booking is exhibiting Covid like symptoms, please do not attend
- Payment will be collected when you arrive, exact money if you can please
- A face covering must be worn whilst in the hall. Please remember your masks or visors
- Seating will be set out according to social distancing guidelines. Chairs must not be moved by attendees.
- Please observe social distancing. Regrettably mingling for conversations will not be possible
- A one-way system for access, exit and use of toilets will be in force and indicated by signs.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and in the hall and must be used on arrival
- Ice cream will be offered, £1.50 per tub
- Attendees may bring their own teas, coffees, other drinks, mugs, glasses etc. All materials and litter must be taken away again at the end
- There will not be a raffle and the interval will be shorter than usual
- Once the screening is over attendees will be asked to leave the building via the marked exits and not gather for conversations.
- Chairs will be stacked away by designated people. Attendees are asked not to help out.
Any changes to applicable guidelines will be communicated to attendees.
Please contact Julie or Neil at the above email if you have any questions.