Members of the Council:
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council which will be held in the Village Hall on Thursday 18 May 2017 at 7.30pm for the purpose of transacting the business below.
Members of the public:
Members of the public are welcome to attend and may address the Council, following item 11 on the agenda, when the meeting is adjourned.
Reporting on Meetings
Except where members of the public have been excluded due to the confidential nature of the business, any person may film, photograph, audio record or use social media to report on meetings of the Council, including any public comment and/or questions. Would any person intending to report please give notice before the start of the meeting to the Clerk or Chairman of the Council to enable reasonable facilities to be afforded.
- To elect the Chairman of the Council for the coming year.
- To receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- To elect the Vice-Chairman of the Council for the coming year.
- To receive any apologies for absence.
5. To receive, from Members, any declarations of interest in items on the agenda in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct.
6. To approve the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 27 April 2017.
- To agree any Council committees, sub-committees and/or working groups and their membership.
- To appoint Members to external bodies, as appropriate.
- To appoint Council officers.
- To appoint Council portfolio-holders
11.1 To receive a financial statement and report, including the latest position with the 2017-2018 Council budget.
11.2 To authorise payments as presented and to note income received.
11.3 To review Council insurance requirements and confirm the renewal of the policy in the context of the existing three-year agreement.
12. Adjournment for:
Public comment and/or questions.
13.1 To consider any applications received.
13.2 To note any applications considered the deadlines for which were in
advance of this meeting including:
B/17/00900 – land west of Clovelly, Howe Lane – erection of two two-storey dwellings with associated access and parking. Council had no objection;
B/17/00512 – 3 Mackenzie Place – erection of detached garage and revisions to existing site access – Council objected – due to concerns over the height of the proposed garage, its position relative to the property line of the existing road frontage dwellings, its impact on the exit from Crowbrook Place and loss of light to at least one neighbouring dwelling;
B/17/00988 – Jupiter, Great Green – submission of details under planning permission B/16/01105 – appearance, layout, scale and access for the erection of five dwellings – Council supported the application (with comments);
B/17/00915 – Ivy Farm, Chapel Road – erection of a single-storey dwelling and attached cart lodge – Council supported the application; and
B/17/01050 – Manor Cottage, Old Hall Lane – erection of single-storey rear extension – Council had no objection.
13.3 To note any Babergh DC planning permissions/refusals received.
- Working Groups, Representatives to External Bodies, Officers and Portfolio-Holders:
To receive any reports from lead members on matters which need to be brought to the attention of the Council and to take action as appropriate.
14.1 Greens Management – Cllr Brinkley
14.2 Local Needs Housing – Cllr Morley
14.3 Pavilion – Cllr Southgate
14.4 Suffolk Association of Local Councils (SALC) – Cllr Cutting-Keyton
14.5 Glebe Land – Cllr Morley
14.6 Earl’s Meadow – Cllr Williams
14.7 Cemetery – Cllr Turner
14.8 Parish Paths – Cllr Turner
14.9 Highways and Emergencies – Cllr Portwood
14.10 Police/Fire – Cllr Cutting-Keyton
14.11 Play Equipment – Cllr Southgate
14.12 Village Hall Car Park – Cllr Cutting-Keyton
- Village Sign:
To consider the need to replace the sign and to determine the way forward.
16. Matters to be brought to the attention of the Council either for information or for inclusion on the agenda of a future Ordinary Meeting.
17. Next Meeting:
To note that the next Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled for Thursday 30 June in the Village Hall beginning at 7.30pm.
Parish Clerk: Doug Reed, Proper Officer of the Council
Address: Second Thoughts, Church Road, Elmswell IP30 9DY
Tel: 01359 241009
Published: 11 May 2017