Cockfield Community Council in conjunction with Cockfield Parish Council are offering Transportation to Local Vaccine Centres.
From Wednesday 27 January if anyone has difficulty in getting to their Covid-19 Vaccine Centre to receive their vaccine we are here to help if we possibly can.
The Cockfield Minibus is available with driver for door to door transport to the local centres of Lavenham and Bury St Edmunds, and others if necessary.
There will be no charge for this service (although donations would be welcome).
Please contact Peter Finch on firstname.lastname@example.org who is coordinating the runs on behalf of the village.
All passengers must:
- Be Covid-free
- Live within or very close to Cockfield Parish
- Have a confirmed booking for a vaccination centre
- Request transport as soon as booking confirmed
- Wear a face mask properly (nose & mouth) at all times in the vehicle
- Wear a seatbelt
- Load from back seat forwards to avoid close contact with other passengers
We are also looking for volunteers to help with driving the bus (we cannot expect one person to do it all), to accompany the trips, to help passengers on and off the vehicle and to help with directions around the village. If you can help please contact Peter as above.
If wheelchair assistance is needed please contact Peter as he may be able to arrange suitable transport through GoStart Community Transport