My name is Cally Boardman and I work as a Local Area Coordinator, covering Cockfield and 15 other villages around Sudbury.
I work with people of all ages who have mental health needs, older people, people with physical or learning disabilities, as well as their families and carers.
I work with individuals, taking time to build relationships and get to know people, developing their plans for achieving a good life and helping them to identify their gifts, strengths, and skills. It is about the individual, not labels.
Working together, I help people to link into their community, to improve their resilience, and, where appropriate, reduce demand for high cost, long-term service use.
As the person drives the decisions and plans, drawing on their interests and skills, each relationship and the actions taken are different and personalised: There is no schedule or agenda and there is not a limit to the time I can work with someone, we might meet twice, or we could work together for a year or more. Somebody might want to work with me on:
- Reducing feelings of isolation
- Developing new friendships or improving existing relationships with friends and family
- Joining a hobby, social or fitness group (& sometimes being accompanied to these for the first time)
- Finding the right voluntary role to make friends, to improve your CV, to give back to the community
- Learning or developing skill – driving lessons, study courses, trying new things
- Finding a new life after changes have occurred
- Being supported to talk and be heard at appointments and meetings
- Being supported to explore and resolve housing or benefit issues
- Understanding how or who to contact for advice, information, or assessments, and being supported with this
Anyone can contact me on behalf of themselves or someone else who lives in the community – you could be a friend, a neighbour, or someone who works with members of the community. There is no referral process. If you feel that you or someone you know would like to have a chat with me, please feel free to make contact by phone or email. And please do say hello when we meet at village events, I would love to hear more about your community.
I am part of the Localities and Partnerships Team, within Public Health at Suffolk County Council.
Cally Boardman, villages around Sudbury
Acton, Alpheton, Brent Eleigh, Chelsworth, Chilton, Cockfield, Great Waldingfield, Kettlebaston, Lavenham, Lawshall, Little Waldingfield, Long Melford, Monks Eleigh, Preston St Mary, Shimpling & Thorpe Morieux
Tel: 07711 190 433