Cockfield Community Council was established as a charity in 1968 with the objective of providing a new village hall for recreational facilities and other amenities to improve the lifestyles of the community residing in the village.
- Manages the sports pavilion on Great Green
- Manages and maintains the community mini bus, which is available for use, subject to a payment for mileage, by any member over the age of 25 holding a clean driving licence. You also need to be a member of the Community Council to hire the minibus.
- Organises the Village Fete during the summer
- Organises the Gig on the Green in summer (except for 2012 when the Gig on the Green was combined with the Jubilee celebrations which were paid for jointly with the Parish Council).
- Organises monthly Country & Western dances in the Village Hall.
- Organises an annual village Golf Day
- Organises the New Year’s Day hike.
- Supports the annual ‘Carols on the Green’ service.
- Supports the Earl’s Meadow/Bruff’s Line woodland project
- Supports, on an ad hoc basis, any village projects being undertaken by, for example, the Village Hall Committee or the various pre-school groups.
- Supports the Cockfield Computer Circle
- Supports the Cockfield First Responders group.
Where does the money come from?
- Subscriptions and a monthly draw
- The monthly dances
- A monthly waste paper collection
- Profits from the Fete
How much do we spend?
This year we have contributed £2,000 to the purchase of additional land at Earl’s Meadow, £1,800 to the celebration of HM the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and £2,000 to the purchase of equipment for the First Responders. In addition to this we pay for pavilion maintenance, electricity and water.
The Community Council relies on members for finance, through subscriptions, and volunteering to help in our many activities. If you’re not a member, why not join now? It only costs £3 per person per year (that’s 25 pence per month!).
We also run a monthly draw, with prizes of £20, £15, £10 and £5 – again this costs just £3 per year.
Join now – your Community Council needs YOU!
For more information, or if you would like to become a member, or make a donation or get involved, please email email@example.com